Course Number: R4114A
Completion of the Level I course or any Basic BPA course meeting the requirements of the IABPA basic course syllabus.
A 40 hour course of instruction.
The course will enhance basic skills and develop the novice to a core competency level required for independent analysis.
Course Completion Requirements:
The student must pass a comprehensive post-course test based on the text Bloodstain Pattern Analysis With an Introduction to Crime Scene Reconstruction 3rd Edition with a score of 80%.
- Demonstrate the ability to use and apply scientific method.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply experimental design in support of bloodstain pattern analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate bloodstain patterns on clothing.
- Recognize and demonstrate how Luminol and LCV are used to enhance latent blood patterns.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate a complex bloodstain pattern scene.
- Demonstrate the ability to present bloodstain pattern analysis conclusions in a logical written format.
Dates: May 24-28, 2021
Credit Hours: 40
Location: Bonneville County Sheriff’s Ammon Field Office, 3750 E. Lincoln Road, Ammon, ID 83406
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Instructor(s): Ross Gardner
Remarks: THERE ARE COURSE PER-REQUISITES. MAKE SURE TO REVIEW THOSE BEFORE REGISTERING.
Register via the Bevel, Gardner, and Associates website, located here- https://www.bevelgardner.com/calendar/2020/4/6/bloodstain-pattern-analysis-i-billings-mt-p7jak-6p55r