Course Number: R2-238
Description: Basic Police Motor School Course
This POST provided in-service training is a physically demanding two-week course for the operation of a Police Motorcycle.
The training will include some classroom instruction but the majority of the training course will be conducted on the motorcycle, outside on closed tracks and public roadways. The training will continue regardless of the weather conditions, so students should have proper gear for all types of riding conditions.
Daily coaching and evaluations will be given to prepare the student for a final Police Motor riding skills evaluation which will need to be passed with a minimum score of 80%. The student could be dismissed from the class if failing to meet standards or respond to coaching as the class progresses.
Participants are required to provide the following equipment:
- Department Police Motorcycle in good operating condition to include tire tread.
- Rubber hose (to wrap engine guards) and duct tape recommended but not required.
- Eye wear (shatterproof, clear and tinted).
- Full-fingered Gloves.
- Above the ankle boots.
- Long sleeve shirt (t-shirts okay).
- DOT certified helmets (“3/4 shell” or better recommended).
- Motorcycle riding jacket (optional but recommended)
- Rain Gear/Cold Weather Gear.
- Bullet proof vest
- Duty belt (to be worn during on road training rides, no need to bring on day 1)
Completion of a state certified civilian motorcycle operation/safety course is recommended but not required .
Prerequisites for attendance:
Idaho POST certification
Idaho Drivers license with motorcycle endorsement
All registration applications will be vetted by POST for approval to attend this training.
Dates: April 12 – 23, 2021
Credit Hours: 80 POST Hours
Idaho POST Academy
Bldg 3 Classroom D
700 South Stratford Drive
Cost: $ 350.00 Payable to Idaho POST
(Tuition does not include meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Deadline: April 7, 2021
NOTE: Early registration is advised–this class is limited to 15 participants.
Will Stoy, Meridian PD
others to be determined
POST Coordinator: Jeff Sklar
Registration: Use the REGISTRATION LINK provided below.
Remarks: For additional information regarding this training or the training venue, contact Will Stoy, Meridian PD at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-631-1741