R4 Force Response Liability Prevention – Idaho Falls
Course Number: R4 257
Description: Force Response Liability Prevention – Idaho Falls
Updated to meet the current needs of today’s policing.
How do you take a dry subject like “civil liability prevention and mitigation,” as well as often unrealistic “de-escalation strategies,” and make every topic unerringly relevant, interesting, often humorous and–more importantly–instantly applicable to you and your officers? We do it in a training course that is routinely one of the highest rated seminars of its type. Our two most common evaluation comments are, “Should be taught in the academy,” and, “Every officer should attend this training.”
In an era of increased likelihood of being named a defendant, decreased budgets, and motivated legal professionals who are trained and focused on winning in police litigation cases, you and your officers need the cutting edge concepts of liability prevention and mitigation this training seminar offers.
This course assists your officers in:
- Achieving proper conduct in the force response through increased knowledge of the laws of force (both federal and your state law) and their ability to articulate their reasonable actions.
- Achieving practical de-escalation goals while remaining able to respond with force when suspect behavior requires it.
- Articulating and justifying proper conduct through the reporting and documentation of their actions.
The “Force Response Liability Prevention” course provides every officer with the means of understanding the limits of force, and to articulate their actions in a reasonable force event to a degree most have never experienced. We give them the training that allows them to confidently explain their reasonable force employment in the field. This course provides comprehensive reporting standards and suggestions in an ultimately useful manner that really does effect change in the reporting habits of officers.
Why this course? It was developed with direct input and assistance of the top police civil defense attorneys and police risk managers in the nation–dedicated professionals who work full-time to defend you and your officers in federal and state courts against allegations of constitutional or negligent misconduct by officers.
CUTTING EDGE TRAINING asked them a simple question:
“What do you want your defendant officers to know BEFORE they take the stand in Federal Court?”
This is the information the professionals who defend you want you to know!
- Current Plaintiff’s Threats
- Practical and Defensible De-escalation.
- Constitutional Limits to the Police Force Response
- Force Response Documentation
- Current Force Response Reporting Requirements
- Articulating Your Force Response
Dates: September 15, 2020
Credit Hours: 8
Location: Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office Training Annex, 577 D St. Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Payable to Bonneville County Sheriff
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Instructors: George Williams
Registration Details: Register at Cutting Edge Training here- http://www.cuttingedgetraining.org/Registration/38.aspx?seminar=246