Course Number: R4115
Course may include a special video segment “The drug trafficker’s perspective” (If time allows).
Trainers will provide instruction, on proven and effective practices on how to build criminal cases; from the onset of the traffic stop and through report writing.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Officer Safety, Ethics and 4th Amendment
- Trends and Pre-text Stops
- Vehicle and Personal Indicators
- Roadside Interview (Deception)
- Importance of Documents
- Legal Considerations / (Includes K9 case law)
- Consent searches
- Money Seizures
- Report Writing (Importance)
- Importance of Officer Networking
There will be 30 seats available so sign up as soon as possible.
Dates: June 8, 2022
Credit Hours: 8
Location: Rexburg High School, 2300 University Blvd., Rexburg, ID 83440
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Instructor(s): ISP Sgt. Chris Cottrell, Sgt. Brandalyn Crapo, Sgt. Vance Cox, Cpl. Jared Shively
Remarks: To register for this course, email Sgt. Cottrell at firstname.lastname@example.org