R4 Advanced Investigator (Animal Cruelty)- Idaho Falls CANCELLED
Course Number: R4228R
Founded in 1990, the National Animal Cruelty Investigations School was the first of its kind, offering a combination of specialized veterinary and law enforcement training. Students from a range of backgrounds — including federal, state and local animal cruelty officers, humane society investigators and board members, police officers and sheriffs’ deputies, court personnel and other citizens — learn from experts about all aspects of animal welfare and safety.
The program has three different components (Professional-Advanced-Expert) that should be taken in order.
Registration preference will go to investigators with active investigations. Due to the nature of the business, topics discussed and videos shown during the schools will have graphic content and may not be suitable for everyone.
Continuing Education – Participants with a grade of 70% or more on the written examination will receive a certificate of completion and 40 continuing education units.
Advanced Animal Cruelty Investigator curriculum includes:
- Compassion Fatigue
- Criminal Activity
- Agricultural animals & confinement operations
- Body condition scoring- including practical
- Equine Investigations
- Humane euthanasia
- Pet stores
- High-volume breeders
- Crime scene investigations
- Officer safety
- Proactive approach to investigations
- Career hacks
Dates: August 8-12, 2022 CANCELLED LACK OF REGISTRATIONS
Credit Hours: 40
Location: Bonneville County Sheriff’s Ammon Field Office, 3750 E. Ammon Road, Idaho Falls, ID 8340
Cost: $650 registration fee, $585 early registration fee, $325 group discount
Online registrations require credit card payment or request for agency invoicing. If your agency needs to be invoiced, register online and then provide a purchase order or letter of authorization as directed.
Check payment can be made with Printable Registration Form. (opens in new window)
- Group discount and early bird registration discount cannot be combined.
- Early Bird Discount: Register 45 days in advance and receive 10% discount.
- On the final payment page, enter the code in the Discount box and click Apply. Code: LETI-EB10%
- Group Discount: Register three students at full price from one agency and all additional registrations receive 50% off full registration fee. Registrations must all be submitted together, and all registrants must attend to qualify.
- Agency Discount: Any agency that mandates the National Animal Cruelty Investigations Training in their policies and procedures will receive a 20% discount. Contact LETI@missouri.edu(opens in new window)/573-882-6021 for approval and discount code.
- PetSmart Discount: A current employee with PetSmart can receive a discount on event registration. Contact LETI@missouri.edu(opens in new window)/573-882-6021 for approval and discount code.
- A 20 percent nonrefundable fee will be assessed on any cancellation made within 30 days prior of the start of the program.
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Deadline: August 1, 2022
Remarks: To register for this course click here- https://extension.missouri.edu/events/level-2-advanced-animal-cruelty-investigator-idaho-falls-id Check the website for scholarship discounts.