- This event has passed.
R4 Criminal Interview and Interrogation- Idaho Falls
August 17, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Number: R4227
This 3-day seminar is designed to teach and reinforce the sound fundamentals of the interview and interrogation process for the professional investigator. This training course offers a broad range of cutting-edge methods and proprietary tools to conduct more effective interviews and interrogations, resulting in identifying the truth more efficiently and with less resistance.
Learn to assess verbal and non-verbal behavior and become more effective on the focus of an investigation and obtaining reliable information. Gather a variety of non-confrontational interview and interrogation techniques to overcome the resistance of victims, witnesses, and criminal offenders.
Using actual investigations, this course offers a diverse collection of case studies to provide strategic tactics to establish guilt and prosecute the offenders.
SEMINAR TOPICS INCLUDE:
· Room Setting and Preparation
· Interpretation of Verbal and Physical Behavior
· Selective Interview Technique
· Fact-Finding Interview
· The Participatory Method
· False Confessions
· WZ Non-Confrontational Method
· Handling Denials
· Enticement Questions
· Development & Substantiation of the Confessions
· Elements of the Written and Formal Statements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course applies specifically to agencies whose personnel may be called upon to interview or interrogate suspects, victims, informants or witnesses of criminal activity. Investigators and associated law enforcement professionals conducting these inquiries will learn to apply interview and interrogation techniques that most often will uncover the truth and bring these cases to a successful conclusion.
BECOME MORE EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE IN:
· Communicating and building trust with community members
· Choosing the most appropriate method for each case and subject
· Obtaining the truth more quickly and accurately
· Substantiating and closing more successful investigations
· Ensuring statements will be admissible at trial
Dates: August 17-19, 2021
Credit Hours: 21
Location: Idaho Falls Police Department Training Annex, 740 Park Ave., Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Cost: Early registration (ends May 17)- $470, Regular price (ends July 20)- $495, Late price $515
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Instructor(s): Wicklander-Zulawski Instructor Tom McGreal
Remarks: To register for this course call 800-222-7789 or click the REGISTER LINK