- This event has passed.
R4 Tactical Dispatcher- Rexburg
May 11, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This THREE day class is tailored for any PSAP agency who wish to train incident dispatchers, or certify and deploy tactical dispatchers within their own jurisdiction. Tactical dispatchers work with their special operations team during a critical incident either from the dispatch center or deployed in the field in a mobile command unit. This three day class will have two days of classroom and one day of practical application with local SWAT teams. It is also the first step to being part of a local or regional TERT team. The class is tailored to dispatchers, however SWAT members are welcome.
COURSE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The goals of this course will provide each student with an understanding of:
- The role of the 9-1-1 Telecommunicators as a Tactical Dispatcher
- Establishing trust and rapport with a crisis caller
- Using Active Listening Techniques
- Dealing with Barricaded Subjects, Hostage Takers and Active Shooters
- Incident/Unified Command System procedures, forms and protocols
- Working with the Incident or Tactical Commander
- Tactical Operations in the PSAP or at a Mobile Command Post
- Critical Incident protocols and documentation requirements
- Technology used in providing communications interoperability
- Active Shooter protocols and Agency procedures
Dates: May 11-13, 2020
Credit Hours: 21
Location: Madison County Sheriff’s Office, 145 E. Main St., Rexburg, ID 83440
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Using experience gained over 30 years as a tactical dispatcher, communications unit leader and hostage negotiator our instructor, Dave Larton with First Contact 911 (firstcontact911.com), will show you what it takes to be a tactical dispatcher for your agency, how to assemble a local government tactical dispatch team, how to assemble resources and response to an incident and to provide mutual aid as a tactical dispatcher.
Remarks: To register for this class contact James Briggs at 208-372-5001 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org