R2 Investigator Interview Course with Advanced Concepts
April 25 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Number: 227
Description: Interview and Interrogation for Investigators and Patrol Officers
You will learn how to “Bullet Proof” your confessions. Managing liability is a top priority in law enforcement today. Completion of the classroom training provides the investigator with a firm grasp of effective and legal interview and interrogation techniques saving investigators time and resources as they gather the truth from victims, witnesses, and suspects to make the best possible law enforcement decisions possible. Participants will be able to immediately apply the techniques applied. Alumni also receive ongoing support and are able to take advantage of our vast alumni network.
Topics presented include:
- Predictable Human Behavior
- Gestures and Proxemics
- The Psychology of Deception
- Utilizing Polygraphs & V.S.A.
- Free-Format, Cognitive, and Elimination Interviews
- The 10-Step Plan to Successful Interrogations
- Practical, Hands on Applications of Techniques
- Learner centered activities
- Safeguards to prevent false admissions/confessions and confession contamination
- And much more
Small group activities and discussions highlight knowledge and application of techniques.
Date: April 25 – 29, 2021
Credit Hours: 40 hours
Ada County Sheriff’s Office
7200 Barrister Dr.
Boise ID 83704
COST: $499.00 Payable to : I.I.I or Pay online at www.getconfessions.com.
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Deadline: April 18, 2022
Instructor: Jason Woodard
Remarks: Do not send registrations to POST.