- This event has passed.
R2 Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opioids
Course Number: 120
The purpose of this fentanyl training is to help you understand the history of fentanyl, how to recognize it, and what personal protective equipment to use when dealing with this deadly drug. There will be discussion about recognizing signs of exposure to fentanyl and how to decontaminate yourself in case you become contaminated by the drug.
Topics to be covered:
- History of Fentanyl
- Understand how people become exposed to fentanyl
- Understand the difference between street fentanyl & pharmaceutical fentanyl
- Know what PPE is needed for possession cases, street sales, and bulk quantity/lab cases
- Learn how to decontaminate yourself if you are exposed to fentanyl
- Know the signs of overdose
- Learn how to investigate these cases safely
Dates: September 28, 2023
Credit Hours: 7
Idaho POST Academy
700 S. Stratford Drive
Meridian, ID 83642
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Deadline: September 27, 2023
Instructor(s): Keith Graves
Remarks: Register through the link below:
Contact Cathy Weddle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-884-7321.