- This event has passed.
R2-309 Instructor Development – Caldwell PD
November 14, 2022
Course Number: R2 309
Description: Instructor Development
This class is required for any person who wishes to become a POST certified instructor.
The new course curriculum covers adult learning, building thinking skills in students, paralanguage, assessing student understanding of class material, and writing lesson plans. Each Student will be videotaped for self-evaluation.
All registration applications will be vetted by POST for approval to attend this training.
It is vital that the applicant provide a valid and correct e-mail address on the on-line registration form.
Pre-requisites for attendance:
- Must be employed with an Idaho Law Enforcement Agency
- Completion of the required on-line training prior to class start date
POST has changed the policy requiring 3 years of LE experience to attend the Instructor Development class. However the following registration priority policy will be followed:
All applicants with three (3) years of LE experience and/or POST certification will have registration priority over any applicant with less than three (3) years LE experience regardless of when the registration was received.
If the LE experience is with an agency out of state the following documentation is required:
- a copy of your previous POST record which shows years of service
- or a letter from the previous Agency Head (on Agency letterhead) verifying years of service including the hire date and separation date
Any registration request that does not meet the 3 year minimum LE experience or does not have a POST certification will be placed on a waiting list to be registered on the registration closing date if seats remain available.
The participants are required to bring to this class certain equipment and presentations:
- A laptop or other electronic media device with a USB port.
- The Instructor development manual either as a hard copy or downloaded on a media device
- A device equipped to video record a 2-3 minute presentation for self-evaluation (i.e. camera, iPhone, iPad etc)
- Materials needed for your classroom presentation
Please note that POST will no longer provide printed classroom manuals to participants in this course. It is the participants responsibility to download the class instruction sheet and classroom manual, links are provided throughout this announcement.
COURSE MATERIALS DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE SHOWN BELOW.
Dates: November 14 – 18, 2022
Credit Hours: 40
Caldwell Police Department
110 South 5th Avenue
Caldwell, Idaho 83605
Cost: $ 300.00 Payable to Idaho POST
(Tuition does not include meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Deadline: registration will close October 31, 2022
NOTE CLASSES FILL QUICKLY – this class is limited to 24 participants.
Master Instructor: Ken Jenkins
POST Coordinator: Jeff Sklar
Registration Details: Use the REGISTRATION LINK provided below.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE VETTED BY POST before registration is completed.
PARTICIPANTS MUST DOWNLOAD THE COURSE MATERIALS, LINKS ARE PROVIDED THROUGHOUT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.