- This event has passed.
R2 Drug Recognition Expert School CLASS IS FULL
April 4, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Number: R2 256
Description: DRE School 2022
The Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) Program has proven successful in identifying the drug impaired driver. DREs are frequently called upon to differentiate between drug influence, medical issues and/or mental disorders. The certified DRE is an extremely valuable tool for combating the adverse impact of drug and alcohol impaired driving in Idaho.
To be considered for DRE training, applicants must meet the following required criteria:
- Must have a minimum of two years of service (excluding Reserve time) and/or recommendation from a DRE Instructor.
- Must be off probation with your agency.
- Must be a certified SFST practitioner, successfully completed ARIDE (Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement) training and possess current Intoxilyzer, Draeger, Lifeloc FC20 or Alco-Sensor III certified.
- Must have a reasonable background and experience level of making DUI arrests.
- Must submit a minimum of two actual DUI arrest reports for review.
Dates: Classroom training: April 4th – 15th
Field certification Training Will be held in May. Dates and location to be determined.
Time: 0800 – 1700 Plus 2 Alcohol Workshops
Credit Hours: 88 hours April classroom
Idaho POST/ISP Training Complex
700 South Stratford Drive
Cost: Tuition Free
|The Statewide Impaired Driving Coordinator Program will cover most of the expenses of attending the DRE School and Field Certification Training. The SIDC Program will pay for per diem and hotel while at the two week DRE School. The SIDC Program will also cover per diem, hotel and rental vehicles for Field Certification Training.|
The only thing the departments will be responsible for are their Officer’s wages during the two week school and at field certification training. Lastly, the departments will be responsible for getting the Officers to Meridian for the school and to the location of Field Certifications.
Deadline: March 11th, 2022
Submit applications promptly this training is limited to 18 students
Instructors: Sgt. Chris Glenn, Officer Nick Knoll (Course Manager) and Assorted DRE Instructors from across Idaho.
Registration Details: REGISTRATION CLOSED, CLASS IS FULL
Remarks: Do not send registrations to POST
For additional information regarding the training facility or local accommodations,
contact Sgt. Chris Glenn, SIDC Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
or call 208-884-7212