- This event has passed.
R2 256 2020 DRE SCHOOL – MERIDIAN CANCELLED
Course Number: R2 256
Description: DRE School 2020 CANCELLED effective 03/16/20
WATCH FOR A RESCHEDULE DATE LATE JULY
The Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) Program has proven successful in identifying the drug impaired driver. DREs are frequently called upon to differentiate between drug influence, medical issues and/or mental disorders. The certified DRE is an extremely valuable tool for combating the adverse impact of drug and alcohol impaired driving in Idaho.
The Statewide Impaired Driving Coordinator program will cover most of the costs of attending the DRE Training and Field Certification phase. The SIDC Program will pay for per diem and lodging while at the two week DRE School in Meridian. The SIDC program will also cover per diem, lodging and rental vehicles for Field Certs in Reno.
To be considered for DRE training, applicants must meet the following required criteria:
- Must have a minimum of two years of service (excluding Reserve time) and/or recommendation from a DRE Instructor.
- Must be off probation with your agency.
- Must be a certified SFST practitioner, successfully completed ARIDE (Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement) training and possess current Intoxilyzer, Draeger, Lifeloc FC20 or Alco-Sensor III certified.
- Must have a reasonable background and experience level of making DUI arrests.
- Must submit a minimum of two actual DUI arrest reports for review.
Dates: April 6 – 17, 2020 Meridian Class room training
May 7th – 12th OR May 14th – 19th, 2020. Reno NV Field certification Training
Time: 0800 – 1700 Plus 2 Alcohol Workshops
Credit Hours: 88 hours April classroom
Idaho POST/ISP Training Complex
700 South Stratford Drive
Cost: Tuition Free
NOTE: (Agencies are responsible for Attendees wages during the training,
and travel to & from Meridian, Idaho and to & from Reno, Nevada)
Deadline: Friday, March 13th, 2020
Submit applications promptly this training is limited to 14 students
Instructors: DRE Instructors from across Idaho.
Registration Details: DRE School registration training app040620 docx
Complete and return the DRE School Application packet to email@example.com. Call Sgt. Glenn at 208-884-7212 with any questions.
Remarks: Do not send registrations to POST
For additional information regarding the training facility or local accommodations,
contact Sgt. Chris Glenn, SIDC Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
or call 208-884-7212