- This event has passed.
R2 201 Physical Fitness Testing & Assessment Utilizing the Rower
September 28, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Number: 201
Description: Physical Fitness Testing & Assessment Utilizing the Rower
This training course is designed to present students with information about the Texas Department of Public Safety’s Physical Fitness Testing and Assessment Program using a rowing machine.
Course details will include:
• Background of the fitness program evolution
• Impact of the 6th pillar of the 21st Century Policing, requirements for de-escalation, Occupational Duty of Care, and case law impacting physical fitness testing and assessment as well as lack thereof
• Considerations from by EEO, Legal, Risk Management, ADA and HR
• Means to deal with apathetic responses and program implementation pushback
• Appropriate form, technique and protocols for utilization of the Rower
• Demographic Performance Observations
• How to begin program implementation
Date: September 28th, 2021
Credit Hours: 8 hours
Meridian Police Department
Meridian Public Safety Training Center
1223 E Watertower St
Meridian, ID 83642
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Deadline: September 17th, 2021
Instructor: Michael Harper, Greg Davis
Email registration information to:
Remarks: Registration is on first come, first serve basis. Class is limited to 30 participants.
Do not send registrations to POST.