- This event has passed.
R1 Managing Crisis Callers and Kids in Crisis – Post Falls
November 18, 2020 @ 8:30 am - November 19, 2020 @ 4:30 pm$169
Course Number: R1 217
Managing Crisis Callers
Whether the Crisis Call involves a suicidal subject, hostage taker, a report of an Active Shooter, or someone who believes they hear an intruder in their home, telecommunicators must strive to relieve the callers’ anxiety, increase their rationality, and establish trust and rapport to get the best information possible for responders. Taught by a Dispatcher who is also a certified Hostage Negotiator, this class will take you into the world of the Crisis Caller where what telecommunicators say (and how they say it) may make all the difference.
Kids in Crisis
We’ll be discussing the things you need to know when a 9-1-1 caller informs you of a missing/abducted child or adult:
- • What’s the most important article of clothing that responders will wish to know about?
- • What is the child’s ‘Comfort Zone’ they may help responders locate a missing child?
- • What directions may we give the caller to preserve evidence at the scene?
- • What clue in the home may indicate whether a child has run away, rather than abducted?
- • What is Code Adam, and how does it work?
- • What new national guidelines are available regarding missing and abducted children?
Dates: 11/18/20 and 11/19/20 Single day class, offered twice
Credit Hours: 8
Post Falls Police Department
1717 E. Polston Ave. Post Falls, ID. 83854
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Instructors: David Larton
Registration Details: FIrstcontact911.com or (866)613-8911
Remarks: Attendees are responsible for travel, meals and or lodging