- This event has passed.
R4 Instructor Development- Idaho Falls
Course Number: R 4309
Description: Instructor Development
This class is required for any person who wishes to become a POST certified instructor.
The new course curriculum covers adult learning, building thinking skills in students, paralanguage, assessing student understanding of class material, and writing lesson plans. Each Student will be videotaped for self-evaluation.
All registration applications will be vetted by POST for approval to attend this training. Once an applicant has been vetted, an e-mail will be sent to the applicant confirming registration
It is vital that the applicant provide a valid and correct e-mail address on the on-line registration form.
Pre-requisites for attendance:
- Must be employed with an Idaho Law Enforcement Agency
- Applicants must have 3 years of LE experience
If the LE experience is with an agency out of state the following documentation is required:
- a copy of your previous POST record which shows years of service
- or a letter from the previous Agency Head (on Agency letterhead) verifying years of service including the hire date and separation date
Any registration request that does not meet the 3 year minimum LE experience and/or does not have a POST certification will not approved.
The participants are required to bring to this class certain equipment and presentations:
- A laptop or other electronic media device with a USB port.
- The Instructor development manual either as a hard copy or downloaded on a media device
- A device equipped to video record a 2-3 minute presentation for self-evaluation (i.e. camera, iPhone, iPad etc)
- Materials needed for your classroom presentation
Please note that POST will no longer provide printed classroom manuals to participants in this course. It is the participants responsibility to download the class instruction sheet and classroom manual, links are provided throughout this announcement.
COURSE MATERIALS DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE SHOWN BELOW.
2022 POST Instructor Development Overviewdocx
Instructor Development Course Agenda 2022
2022 POST Instructor Development Student Manual
Dates: March 6-10, 2023
Credit Hours: 40
Location: Idaho Falls Police Department Training Annex, 740 Park Ave., Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Cost: $ 625.00 Payable to Idaho POST
(Tuition does not include meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Deadline: registration will close
NOTE CLASSES FILL QUICKLY – this class is limited to 24 participants.
Instructors: Jason Hendrian, Chris Hendry
POST Coordinator: Matt Bloodgood
Registration Details: Use the REGISTRATION LINK provided below.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE VETTED BY POST before registration is completed.
PARTICIPANTS MUST DOWNLOAD THE COURSE MATERIALS, LINKS ARE PROVIDED ABOVE .