- This event has passed.
A (R1,2,3,4) Cell Extraction Instructor Course template
January 1, 2021
Course Number: 309A Train the Trainer
Description: Cell Extraction Instructor course
This course will provide instructor level training to Detention and Correctional Officers. Participants will leave with the tools necessary to instruct fellow officers on how to perform a Planned Action Cell Extraction involving 1 to 2 offenders by:
- Correctly demonstrating defensive tactics used during a cell extraction
- Participating in Cell Extraction scenarios and correctly demonstrating the responsibilities of each role assumed.
- Correctly entering a cell, controlling a disruptive offender, restraining, and escorting the disruptive offender, and performing a controlled release in a safe and secure manner.
- Don/Doff Protective Equipment, and properly clean and store equipment.
- Students will be expected to actively participate in high levels of physical exertion during cell extraction scenarios.
active discipline certification: Detention or Corrections
a current POST Defensive Tactics Instructor (ARCON) endorsement
COST: Tuition Free
(Attendees are responsible for meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Remarks: Do not send registrations to POST.
For local accommodations or training facility information, contact
Participants must bring the following Required equipment:
- Riot Helmets [with shields preferred]
- Stab Vests
- Knee & Elbow Pads
- Gas Masks
- Gauntlet Gloves [preferred]; or any type of glove that provides protections