- This event has passed.
A R(1, 2, 3, 4) POST Patrol Rifle Instructor Template
January 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Number: R 306B
This is the P.O.S.T. Approved FIREARMS-Rifle Instructor course for those interested in becoming a P.O.S.T. Certified Firearms – Rifle INSTRUCTOR.
Upon completion of this course attendees should have the skills necessary to instruct officers.
NOTE: All students will be required to “QUALIFY IN” by completing the POST Firearms rifle course with a score of at least 95% WITH NO MISSES on the first day of the course or they will be excused from the class.
Students will be given a maximum of 3 attempts to qualify at test in and test out. For test-in failures only there will be an $ 80.00 fee assessed for costs related to the first day. If the course tuition invoice has been paid, a tuition credit less the $80.00 fee will be issued.
For any other failure resulting in dismissal the full tuition cost will remain due; no refund or tuition rebate will be available.
PREREQUISITE for attendance:
- Successful completion of the POST Firearms: Pistol/Shotgun Instructor Course
- Students must be able to perform 100% of the physical requirements of this course. Injured students will not be permitted to attend or complete the course.
100% Attendance is required for completion of this 40-hour course
Attendance does not guarantee Instructor certification; upon satisfactory completion of this course, you must submit an application for Instructor certification. POST Council approval is required to become a POST Certified Firearms Instructor.
Time: 0800-1900 hrs (4/10’s)
Credit Hours: 40
Location: See below
Payable to Idaho POST
(Tuition does not include meals, travel and/or lodging )
POST Certified Master Instructor:
Registration Details: Class is limited to 20 participants
Students will be expected to dress in clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
- Range clothing should be suitable for carrying extra ammunition
- Clothing should be suitable for tactical movement
- Knee pads are recommended but not required
- Shorts are not allowed
Students will be required to bring the following:
- Eye and ear protection
- Ballistic Vest
- Appropriate clothing for various weather conditions (rain, cold, etc.)
- A billed cap of some type
- Duty Rifle and extra magazines
- 1,500 rounds of 223 ammunition
- Duty belt with duty handgun
- 250 rounds of duty ammunition
- Duty flashlight
- 3 ring binder, note taking materials and a black felt tip marker