- This event has passed.
A R(1, 2, 3, 4) Defensive Tactics ARCON Instructor Template
January 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Class Number: R 301E
This is the new P.O.S.T. approved Defensive Tactics Instructor Course using the ARCON curriculum. This training course includes a test-in component, skill training, teach-back and a skills test-out component.
Attendees are expected to test out at 90% to pass this course. Upon completion of this course attendees should have the skills necessary to instruct others in the ARCON Defensive Tactics techniques.
Students accepted to attend this class must meet the following REQUIREMENTS prior to registration:
- Completion of the Idaho POST Instructor Development class
- Completion of a patrol based defensive tactics training or a AT/DT user course.
Not required but highly recommended:
- Completion of the 2018-2019 POST Use of Force class (POST Academy updated training)
- or the POST Human Performance class
Physical agility test-in requirements
Students unable to pass the physical agility test-in will not be allowed to continue in the class. A test in fee of $80.00 will be charged to their Agency.
100% Attendance is required for completion of this course.
Completion of this course is a requirement for the maintenance of a current Defensive Tactics endorsement or the issuance of a new Defensive Tactics endorsement.
- Loose fitting tactical pants
- Gi pants
- Short sleeve T-Shirt
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- (rash guard type also recommended)
- Appropriate foot wear for use on wrestling mats
Time: 0800 – 1700
Payable to Idaho POST
(Tuition does not include meals, travel, and/or lodging)