R4 POST Firearms Instructor- Pocatello
June 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Number: R4 306
BASIC HANDGUN INSTRUCTOR COURSE
This is the P.O.S.T. Approved BASIC HANDGUN INSTRUCTOR COURSE for LE personnel interested in becoming a P.O.S.T. Certified Firearms INSTRUCTOR. Upon completion of this course attendees should have the skills necessary to instruct officers. Completion of this course is required for the high liability endorsement required for P.O.S.T. Basic Handgun Instructor certification.
This course will cover the new curriculum changes made to the Firearms Instructor Program. Participants will conduct presentations, pass performance skills testing, pass a written exam, and exit qualifications. It is strongly recommended that students review the Instructor Development Course materials prior to attending this course as questions from the written Instructor Development Course training material will also be included in the tests.
Any Student with repeated safety violations will receive a failure. Any failure in the course will result in removal from the class.
Registration PREREQUISITES, (not subject to waiver)
- 3 YEARS Full-time law enforcement experience
- Possess a current or previous POST Discipline Certification
- i.e. Patrol, Detention, Corrections, etc.
- Successful completion of POST 40 hour INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT
- Perform 100% of the physical requirements of this course. Injured students will not be permitted to attend or complete the course.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS for all students
- TEST IN with a qualifying score of at least 95% NO MISSES on the POST Firearms short course.
- Maximum of 3 attempts to qualify at test in and test out. NOTE: THERE IS NO REMEDIAL TRAINING TIME IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY WITHIN THE 3 CONSECUTIVE ATTEMPTS, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CLASS.
- All test in failures will be dismissed from the class.
- 100% Attendance is required for completion of this 40-hour course
- TEST OUT with successful completion of all performance and testing requirements.
WRITTEN TEST INFORMATION– The written test will come from the student manual. Students attending this class must download the student manual prior to the class. Download the student manual here –Student Manual Link
There is no allowance for later make-up performance testing, or qualifications. If a student fails any portion of the performance or qualification testing- they fail the course. There will be no make-up written testing exams either. Failure to pass the written exam results in a failure of this course.
For test-in failures only you will need to work with PPD to get any course refunds or credits, however, you may still be billed for the entirety of the first day of classes.
For any other failure resulting in dismissal the full tuition cost will remain due; no refund or tuition rebate will be available.
This course DOES NOT cover shotgun.
Dates: June 7-11, 2021
Credit Hours: 40
Location: Pocatello Police Department 911 N. 7th Ave., Pocatello, ID 83201
Cost: $ 400.00 Payable to Pocatello Police Department
(Tuition does not include meals, travel, and/or lodging)
Deadline: Friday, May 28, 2021
POST Master Instructor: Tim Dillon
POST Instructors: Matt Bloodgood, Jeff Eldridge, Shane Manning
Registration Details: Contact Pocatello PD Training Coordinator Jene Purman at firstname.lastname@example.org to register
*Students will receive training in the application and use of a tourniquet. Students will participate in drills applying the tourniquet to themselves and fellow students, so a training tourniquet instead of an operational one may be preferable, however, that is the students choice.