- This event has passed.
A R2306 POST Firearms Instructor Template
January 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Number: R 306
BASIC FIREARMS (Handgun only) INSTRUCTOR COURSE
This is the P.O.S.T. Approved BASIC FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR COURSE for LE personnel interested in becoming a P.O.S.T. Certified Firearms INSTRUCTOR. Upon completion of this course attendees should have the skills necessary to instruct officers. Completion of this course is required for the high liability endorsement required for P.O.S.T. Basic Handgun Instructor certification.
This course will cover the new curriculum changes made to the Firearms Instructor Program. Participants will conduct presentations, pass performance skills testing, pass a written exam, and exit qualifications. It is strongly recommended that students review the Instructor Development Course materials prior to attending this course as questions from the written Instructor Development Course training material will also be included in the tests.
Registration PREREQUISITES, (not subject to waiver)
- 3 YEARS Full-time law enforcement experience
- Possess a current or previous POST Discipline Certification
- i.e. Patrol, Detention, Corrections, etc.
- Successful completion of POST 40 hour INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT
- Perform 100% of the physical requirements of this course. Injured students will not be permitted to attend or complete the course.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS for all students
- TEST IN with a qualifying score of at least 95% NO MISSES on the POST Firearms short course.
- Maximum of 3 attempts to qualify at test in and test out.
- All test in failures will be dismissed from the class.
- 100% Attendance is required for completion of this 40-hour course
- TEST OUT with successful completion of the written exam and exit qualifications.
WRITTEN TEST INFORMATION– The written test will come from the student manual. Students attending this class must download the student manual prior to the class. Download the student manual here –Student Manual Link
NOTE: THERE IS NO REMEDIAL TRAINING TIME.
Any Student with repeated safety violations will receive a failure. Any failure in the course will result in removal from the class.
There is no allowance for later make-up qualification attempts on the exit qualification. If a student fails the exit qualification- they fail the course. There will be no make-up written testing exams either. Failure to pass the written exam results in a failure of this course.
For test-in failures only there will be an $ 80.00 fee assessed for costs related to the first day. If the course tuition invoice has been paid, a tuition credit less the $80.00 fee will be issued.
For any other failure resulting in dismissal the full tuition cost will remain due; no refund or tuition rebate will be available.
Credit Hours: 40
Location: See below
Cost: $ 400.00
Payable to Idaho POST
(Tuition does not include meals, travel, and/or lodging)
POST Master Instructor:
Registration Details: Use the REGISTRATION LINK provided below.
This course DOES NOT cover shotgun. Shotgun instructor training is provided through the new POST Shotgun Instructor Course, which is a separate 3 day course.
*Students will receive training in the application and use of a tourniquet. Students will participate in drills applying the tourniquet to themselves and fellow students, so a training tourniquet instead of an operational one may be preferable, however, that is the students choice.